This block of compressed coconut results into 10 liters of ready-to-use coconut substrate after adding 3 liters of water to it.
Furthermore, its volume will increase approximately tenfold. As a result of its initial size, the substrate is fairly easy to transport.
Compared to regular peatsubstrate (potting soil) coconut substrate has a great number of benefits, which are:
- it is easy to use
- it has the low EC value of less than 0.4 mS/cm
- it has the ideal pH value of 5.8
- it stimulates a perfect root development
- the coco substrate is not compact which makes it easy to drain
- it is a light product: 85 kg/m3 (peatsubstrate weighs 125 kg/m3)
- coconut has a good and swift waterabsorption
- coconut substrate can be re-used
- the use of coconut often leads to a higher yield compared to other substrates
This substrate is thoroughly washed out and treated for diseases, vermin and weeds. Moreover, it contains special additives in order to assure a TOP result.
BN Coco-brick INSTRUCTIONS:
1 Fill a bucket or tank with 3 liters of water
2 Let one block of BN Coco-brick swell up in the water
3 Stir the mixture thoroughly after about 30 minutes and you will have approximately 10 liters of ready-to-use substrate.
Use the special BN Coco Nova fertilization scheme during the growth in order to properly adminster nutrients and minerals.